● Huge variability in average item price based on category. The weighted average grocery item is $3.29, while the average electronics item sold is $301.33.
● Mobile commerce (purchase on a tablet or phone) is a significant factor across all categories. In some, it accounts for higher average cart volume and value.
● Top apparel searches include brands like Michael Kors, Nike, and Adidas. Leggings bested jeans in the pants department.
● What’s better than a little Netflix and chill? TVs are the most searched-for consumer electronic.
● People also love their caffeine. K Cups are more searched for than water, and name brand Keurig itself made the list of top grocery searches.
● College dorm rooms are being equipped from coast-to-coast, with microwaves, desks, computer desks, curtains, TV stands, futons, rugs and bookcases topping the list of home goods.