What’s on deck for digital marketers this year? Our recent report features the trends to watch, plus tips for how to capitalize on them. Here’s a sneak peak.
1. Mobile order values will match desktop. Desktop was once the king of high-ticket purchases, but in 2017, consumers will feel just as comfortable purchasing expensive items on smartphones.
2. Retailers will come together. This year a growing number of independent companies will enable retailers to pool resources (e.g., share customer data) to better compete withAmazon and decrease dependence on Facebook and Google.
3. Paid search will drive discovery. Retailers will invest more in Google Shopping (commonly known as Product Listing Ads, or PLAs) in 2017 and expand their search capabilities to improve customer discovery and conversions.
4. Programmatic will fuel video ROI. Programmatic advertising will be used not just for buying video ads, but also to automate ad creation and optimization.
5. Transparency will win. In 2017, manufacturers will increasingly demand precise and unbiased ROI measurement for the large amounts of money they spend with retailers.
6. West will model East. Taking a cue from Asia, the world leader in share of mobile sales and in mobile innovation, expect a majority of online retailers to become “mobile first” brands this year, prioritizing the mobile experience over desktop.
Get the whole story, including how to the most of your marketing efforts in 2017, by downloading the full report here.