Print Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google +1
Get started

In the News

2012

illustration

12/13/2012

007’s Skyfall Stunts Give French Math Whizzes License to Thrill

United States

  [....] Criteo helps clients such as EBay Inc. (EBAY) and Expedia Inc. (EXPE) spot hesitant shoppers online and flash them tailored ads at the right time to tempt them back into a purchase. The company, backed by Index Ventures among other...

illustration

12/03/2012

Best Places to Work 2012

United States

Crain's Best Places to Work in NYC has been announced, and Criteo is #10!

illustration

10/24/2012

Study Shows How Changes To Search Influence Display Advertising

United States

If consumers only spend 5% of their time searching, how can search marketers reach them during the remaining 95% of the time they're online? Only 13% of people perform shopping related searches daily, so executives from a few companies like Google, IgnitionOne and Criteo still believe search marketers can find an option in display - especially since more marketers have begun to accept real-time bidding and programmatic buying as a viable option to improve strategies.

illustration

10/08/2012

US firms advise on funding round for French advertising group Criteo

United States

Edwards Wildman Palmer, Jones Day, Morgan Lewis & Bockius and Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati have won appointments advising investors on a Series-D funding round for French display advertising company Criteo. The latest funding round, which was led by SoftBank Capital and saw the firm rake in €30m, included a group of investors from Bessemer Venture Partners, Yahoo Japan, SAP Ventures and Adams Street Partners.

illustration

10/05/2012

Q&A: Criteo's Michael Steckler on display attribution and Facebook's RTB network

United Kingdom

Display advertising is an important part of digital marketing, but deciding which platform to go with and how much budget to allocate is a tricky decision for advertisers.

illustration

09/26/2012

Criteo completes €30 million Series D led by SoftBank Capital

United Kingdom

Criteo, the global leader in performance display advertising, today announced a €30 million round of financing led by SoftBank Capital to support the company's hyper-growth trajectory. Profitable since 2009, Criteo has continuously delivered growth, exceeding all forecasts since the company's founding. The company now serves more than 3,000 advertisers worldwide, with the US being the number one revenue generating market.

illustration

09/26/2012

Criteo Nabs Nearly $40 Million Funding Round Retargeting firm downplays acquisition or IPO talk By Tim Peterson

United States

Display retargeting company Criteo has been profitable since 2009, but that hasn’t kept it from raising extra cash on the side. In its latest round announced Tuesday, the New York firm raked in 30 million euros ($38.9 million) led by SoftBank Capital, which boasts an investment portfolio that includes The Huffington Post, Zynga and Gilt Groupe.

illustration

09/26/2012

CEO JB Rudelle calls Criteo a Ninja Turtle on the eve of Series D fundraising

United Kingdom

This morning, headlines are buzzing with the announcement of Criteo’s series D fundraising of 30 million euros, led by Softbank Capital, Yahoo! Japan, SAP Ventures, Adams Street, and Bessemer. Previous investors in the French startup include Elaia Ventures, IDInvest Partners, and Index Ventures. This fundraising will put the company ever-closer to the arbitrary burden that most French entrepreneurs have put on Criteo – to become the next $1Billion company.

illustration

09/25/2012

Criteo Nabs $40 Million in Funding at $800 Million Valuation

United States

Criteo, the performance display advertising company, just nabbed about $40 million in additional venture funding. The Series D round, led by SoftBank Capital, gives the Paris-based company an $800 million valuation, according to sources, although Criteo declined to comment on the figure. Previously, Criteo had raised just over $23 million from investors that include Bessemer Venture Partners and Index Ventures.

illustration

09/14/2012

Criteo support for Facebook Exchange

United Kingdom

Retargeting display provider, Criteo, has announced a deal with Facebook that allows marketers to bid in real-time to buy ad impressions on the social networking site. Criteo has tied down a partnership with Facebook Exchange. It means the real-time bidding buyer can now offer valuable advertising real estate on the social network. Criteo appears to have moved quickly to be part of the service after Exchange’s initial emergence yesterday.