The greatest challenge that Dynacraft’s e-commerce team faced was breaking through the clutter in a highly competitive category like kids’ bicycles during the crucial Q4 shopping season on important retail partners such as Walmart. Specific goals included increasing visibility among in-market shoppers and securing above-the-fold placements in search and browse while achieving a 400% ROAS.
To reach their goals, Dynacraft partnered with Criteo to leverage a Sponsored Products campaign across key retailers. The campaign launched in late summer to not only drive incremental sales during the brand’s slower season, but to also garner valuable insights ahead of the peak holiday shopping period. Using a customized strategy based on Dynacraft’s core consumer and product line combined with Criteo’s category insights, the campaign was optimized and primed to deliver an extremely successful holiday season.
Optimizations that maximized performance included:
- Determining the best lineup and priority of SKUs to promote.
- Owning the digital shelf in search and browse for in-market shoppers.
- Expanding to upper funnel shopper targets in order to inspire demand among shoppers than haven’t shown specific intent (cross-sell and max reach).
- Staying competitive on Product Display Pages (competitors pages) to influence the final purchase.
With Criteo Sponsored Products, Dynacraft surpassed their ROAS goals and owned the “digital shelf”. By increasing sell-through of promoted products, they strengthened relationships with key retailers, including Walmart, and helped “challenged” products gain traction.
How it works:
- Relevant Advertising: Product ads are served to relevant shoppers
on e-commerce sites, driving sales for brands.
- SKU-level Attribution: Leveraging first-party point-of-sale data, brands can connect advertising to actual SKU-level sales outcomes across retailers, devices and channels.
- Unprecedented Scale: Criteo Sponsored Products are served on more than 50 major retail sites globally, with more added every month.
- Actionable Insights: Criteo provides key insights into marketing performance across retailers to help brands confidently re-invest in winning media strategies.
- 650%+ ROAS in November
- 800%+ ROAS in December
- 1,000%+ ROAS on Black Friday and Cyber Monday
- 5x increase in units sold on each day (vs. average)
- +60% increase in share of category PDP views
- 70% impression share of voice in Bicycles category
- 55% impression share of voice in Riding Toys category
“We seldom engage in long term partnerships, unless we see value in what a partner can offer. Criteo has earned a spot in our long term partner list simply by providing exceptional service and delivering the results asked of them from day 1.”
–Patricia Gates, Director of Business Development