ITAKA was established in 1989 in Poland and since 2009, it has been a leader in the travel industry. ITAKA delivers fascinating experiences in beautiful places along with the highest level of customer service. It is the largest website among tour operators and agents in Poland.
ITAKA’s biggest challenge is maintaining their dominant position. With high competition and a ROPO effect (Research Online, Purchase Offline) of about 70% in their industry, online visibility is crucial.
For this reason, ITAKA was looking for a solution that could help them keep and grow their online presence and customer awareness.
ITAKA chose Criteo Dynamic Retargeting to help meet their needs for three main reasons: efficiency, reach, and the level of support.
“One of the main advantages of working with Criteo is partnership. In addition to running a high-quality campaign, Criteo looks at ITAKA holistically. It supports us with useful reports and solutions that help us grow our business as a whole, not just online.”
– Tomasz Szagdaj, e-Commerce Director
ITAKA valued the partnership approach of Criteo, where reports, insights and advice were provided not just to improve the campaign, but to help grow the business overall.
Beyond Criteo’s hands-on service, the campaign’s ability to deliver high converting traffic at a satisfactory CPO was second to none. The Criteo Engine’s ability to zero in on those most likely to convert led to an 100% increase in online sales.
Criteo’s broad network of premium publishers delivered a volume of traffic that other competitors couldn’t, which led to much better returns.
How it works:
- Highly personalized ads showed products that a shopper was most likely to be interested in, when they were most likely to buy.
- Ads were focused on those who were most likely to convert by accurately predicting purchase intent, using an anonymous cross-device understanding of each shopper’s behavior across all devices, browsers and apps.
- Ads seamlessly connected with every shopper across devices, apps, and the web through insights from our pooled data and the 1.2 billion shoppers we see each month.
- Campaigns were continuously optimized to remove ineffective placements and focus on high-potential shoppers based on conversions, not just clicks.
- +18% improvement in conversion rate
- 100% increase in online sales
- Top 5 traffic source
ITAKA noticed improvements almost immediately after partnering with Criteo, with Criteo becoming one of the top five sources of traffic for the site. Overall, the retargeting campaign delivered more traffic, an improved conversion rate, and an increase in sales.
ITAKA’s next step is to improve their omnichannel strategy (offline, online, and mobile) and they see Criteo’s solutions supporting them in those efforts as well.
Get started with Criteo Dynamic Retargeting.