LATAM Airlines is the number one airline in Latin America, and one of the largest airline groups in the world for network connections, flying to 137 destinations in 25 countries. Cyber Monday generates more travel inquiries than any other date, and LATAM Airlines Peru wanted to take advantage of this surge in interest to capture more sales. Specifically, they were looking to increase sales vs. the same time period during a typical month, while maintaining a set Cost of Sale (COS).
To achieve their goals, LATAM Airlines Peru and Criteo worked together to adjust their dynamic retargeting program in preparation for Cyber Monday. The outcome of this teamwork was a strategic plan that included a gradual increase of CPCs ahead of the big day, prioritizing destinations with better discounts to increase sales, and hourly maintenance to optimize for the categories and destinations that were generating the most interest and sales.
How it works:
- Highly personalized ads show products that a shopper is most likely to be interested in, when they are most likely to buy.
- Advanced bidding technology focuses bids on those who are most likely to convert.
- Ads seamlessly connect with every shopper across devices, apps, and the web through insights from our pooled data and the 1.2 billion shoppers Criteo sees each month.
- Machine-learning technology works continuously to improve the campaign’s performance.
- 178% increase in revenue (Mon-Wed during Cyber Monday week vs. Mon-Wed of a regular week)
- 83% increase in visits (Mon-Wed during Cyber Monday week vs. Mon-Wed of a regular week)
- -53 percentage points COS (Mon-Wed during Cyber Monday week vs. Mon-Wed of a regular week)
“Criteo has proven to be a powerful tool for reaching potential clients. During Cyber Monday it managed to generate an increase of 178% in income whilst reducing 53% of its COS versus its reference.”
–Vanessa Clausen Arca, Digital Analyst, LATAM Airlines