Office Depot is a leading omni-channel provider of business services and supplies, products and technology solutions offering everything individuals and small businesses need to excel every day. The company strives for uncompromising progress, so when it wanted to reduce customer loss and accelerate new customer growth it partnered with Criteo to drive performance at scale. The results were immediately impressive.
In September 2016, Office Depot switched to Criteo, the global leader in performance marketing. Together, Criteo and Office Depot took a multipronged approach to growth with campaigns tailored to Office Depot’s specific business needs: accelerating audience growth and reducing customer loss across officedepot.com and the Business Solutions division. Office Depot deployed Criteo dynamic display ads to re-engage active B2C and B2B shoppers who had previously visited officedepot.com, plus target new shoppers that have never before visited the site. These lower-funnel campaigns served personalized ads that featured previously browsed products and product recommendations from across the Office Depot catalog driving significant sales from product discovery. Concurrently, the Customer Acquisition campaign engaged new customers based on their interests and likelihood to convert.
Office Depot saw outstanding performance at scale because Criteo ads excel at predicting purchase intent, using an anonymous cross-device understanding of each shopper’s behavior across all devices, browsers and apps. Criteo’s Kinetic Design technology also dynamically selects the creative components that will drive the highest engagement and sales, all in a fully branded ad.
How it works:
- Highly personalized ads showed products that a shopper was most likely to be interested in, when they were most likely to buy.
- Ads were focused on those who were most likely to convert by accurately predicting purchase intent, using an anonymous cross-device understanding of each shopper’s behavior across all devices, browsers and apps.
- Kinetic Design technology dynamically selected the creative components that would drive the highest engagement and sales, all in a fully branded ad.
- Campaigns were continuously optimized to remove ineffective placements and focus on high-potential shoppers based on conversions, not just clicks.
- Office Depot deployed Criteo dynamic display ads to re-engage lower-funnel, active B2C and B2B audiences who had visited officedepot.com and engage new audiences that have never before visited the site.
- 104% increase in ROAS – B2B Results
- 25% increase in ROAS – B2C Results
“The close, collaborative relationship between Office Depot and Criteo’s teams paired with the transparency across attribution systems enabled us to ramp up campaigns quickly and see results that exceeded our expectations!”
–Darren Zap, Senior Marketing Manager, Office Depot