Of the retargeting strategies in your digital marketing arsenal, video retargeting is one you can’t ignore. Shoppers spend a third of their time online watching video content. With more and more people engaging with video across all devices, video advertising is increasing 40% year-over-year and Cisco forecasts that in two years’ time, more than 80% of internet traffic will be video-based.
For marketers, video retargeting is a crucial way to reengage with customers. Not only is the consumption of video increasing – it’s also a highly engaging advertising format.
A Huge Retargeting Opportunity
To drive conversions and increase engagement, you need to be where your shoppers are – whether they’re on their phones, tablets, or desktops – and this means taking advantage of video’s popularity. Part of the reason video is so powerful is that it captures attention. Viewers are engaged and, if the content is personalized, it can have a huge impact on product decisions, brand awareness, and cross-channel touchpoints.
The audience is there. But how can you reach each and every one of these potential shoppers with relevant offerings in a format they’ll enjoy?
How Video Retargeting Works
- A shopper, let’s call him Ben, visits your site and looks at a variety of products. Ben’s shopping behaviors are captured at each event level using tracking pixels. He leaves your site, and starts to browse the internet.
- As Ben moves through different websites or even into different apps, the video retargeting process continues in real-time. His purchase intent is calculated, video inventory is purchased, relevant product recommendations are determined and the personalized video ad is generated and served, all in real-time. Ben’s video ads could show up in-stream, out-stream, or in-app, depending on where he is browsing.
- These video ads display products that Ben’s shown interest in, and new product discoveries that he might like. If, for example, Ben had been browsing a travel booking site, the video ad might include new discoveries based on factors including his preferences and the item’s availability.
- Having been enticed by a personalized video ad containing products he’s interested in, Ben clicks on the ad and is deep-linked back to your app or website to complete the purchase.
Personalized Video Ads with Criteo Dynamic Retargeting
Video targeting has been around, but until now, there hasn’t been a way to retarget this vast audience with an engaging video format that offers one-to-one personalization and relevant product recommendations.
Criteo Dynamic Retargeting delivers video ads targeted at individuals based on their behavior and shopping intent.
Using Kinetic Design, a feature of the Criteo Engine, Criteo Dynamic Retargeting generates 20-second video ads featuring a branded intro and outro, relevant product recommendations from your live catalog, and an accompanying music track – all delivered in real-time and at a scale only Criteo can offer.
Our video ads can be shown in-stream, out-stream, or in-app, reflect your brand, and are personalized for each and every shopper through powerful product recommendations while data from Criteo Shopper Graph allows us to ensure that the buying journey is seamless and accurate for each shopper, no matter what route to purchase is taken.
Let’s break it down further. Criteo’s technology allows you to:
- Showcase relevant products that link directly to their respective product pages.
- Gain instant access to new video inventory and audiences without the hassle and expense of video production, through dynamic generation of video ads using your product data feed and brand guidelines.
- Drive measurable performance from a traditionally brand-oriented format, and generate a clear ROAS with transparent cost-per-click pricing, and reporting.
Increase Brand Awareness with Video Retargeting
A Criteo Dynamic Retargeting Client, German online retailer BonPrix was looking to generate sales and increase brand awareness. By implementing Interactive Video, BonPrix was able to retarget shoppers in a completely new ad inventory channel.
Criteo’s dynamically generated video ads helped the retailer connect to shoppers in a fresh and innovative way, with no extra effort required.
With 51% of global marketing professionals naming video as the type of content with the best ROI and 52% believing video is effective for brand awareness, there’s no reason Video Retargeting shouldn’t be a part of your marketing campaigns. By adding video to your campaign mix, you’ll engage more shoppers with the products they need and love.