Joom is one of the fastest growing international eCommerce platforms in the world, starting out in Russia and expanding rapidly globally during 2018. As an app-first business, Joom invested heavily in app acquisition to aid their expansion. However, these campaigns didn’t drive the customer retention they needed to support their key Customer Lifetime Value metric.
Joom sought out a partner that could help them reach their app users and encourage them to come back to the app regularly to purchase. Joom sells a large and diverse product set, so it was important to find a retargeting solution that would put the product front and centre.
Joom was able to take advantage of an existing partnership between their Mobile Measurement Partner, Adjust, and Criteo to quickly and easily turn on Criteo App Retargeting campaigns. With Criteo App Retargeting, Joom was able to track shopper-level intent through the Adjust SDK and dynamically show the most relevant product to app users in an ad format they were most likely to engage with in real-time. Criteo also provided the scale Joom needed to expand their business rapidly across regions.
Adjust’s mobile attribution and analytics platform provided Joom with the valuable insights they needed to track campaign performance while managing campaign budgets in real-time. Joom is just one dataset of many, with Adjust sending Criteo over 300,000 events per minute.
How it works:
- With Criteo’s technology, Joom retargeted shoppers who had visited their app in the past 60 days.
- Highly personalized ads displayed the Joom auctions and products that a shopper was most likely to find interesting.
- Criteo’s machine-learning technology continually improved campaign performance, increasing activity and revenue.
- Adjust provided rich in-app event data which helps Criteo effectively and efficiently target users with relevant ads.
- 8:1 ROAS (7-day post-click)
- 75% of sales come from products not previously seen by the app user
“Criteo App Retargeting not only provides us with outstanding campaign performance compared to other retargeting solutions previously tested, it also provides us with the scale needed to expand rapidly into new regions. We see Criteo as a strategic partner that will be instrumental in helping us to continue to achieve our objectives as we expand to more regions in the future. The deep integration between Criteo and Adjust ensures that our marketing campaigns are leveraging all our in-app user activity in real-time, in a scalable and secure way.”
–Yuri Ivanov, Co-founder, Joom